Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday - Los Mariachi's.

In Wauseon, you really only have a choice of five sit down restaurants, that aren't owned by multi national corporations. You have Tiffany's Cafe, John Webbers, Smith's Restaurant, The Grasshopper, and Los Mariachi's. Three of these five restaurants are home style cooking, the other two are Mexican restaurants. Tonight I visited the superior Mexican restaurant, Los Mariachi's.

Coincidentally, when I was performing my normal research for this blog I discovered this review on yelp.com:

"Okay, I admit that when I went I was a little hung over. And I admit that I love Mexican food and there's no shortage of that in Phoenix. And I admit that I love Hispanics and there's no shortage of hot ones here in Phoenix. So, all these factors played in on my experience at Los Mariachis. I went there with my mom, and she has been there several times before. I ordered the chicken quesadillas with a side of beans and rice. Very good!! And I'm quite positive that the beans are made from scratch (i.e., not out of a can). What I couldn't eat there was just as good the next day." -Bacon Boy

What was actually weird about this review is that it was written by my cousin who lives in Phoenix, and even he can say that Los Mariachi's is awesome..my cousin also seems to be attracted to Hispanics...learn something new everyday.

The evening was good, I went on the journey with my heterosexual lifemate Jake Richards, who is now newly engaged (shout out!).





I got the Jim Nachos, which is just chicken, rice, and queso. Jake on the other hand consumed a mountain of fajitas that looked like this by the end:

Allow me to quote Ms. Jackie Utzler in regards to this photo: "What ever that Los Mariachi's is, it makes me want to throw up".

Now Ms. Utzler has never eaten Los Mariachi's so I can forgive her for the comment. However, several of you are not Los Mariachi fans because of "the bad service", "the illegal labor", "the lack of english spoken", all are valid complaints, but I dare you to find a place that has Jim Nachos for under $5. I dare you.

So the next time your in Wauseon, stop by Los Mariachi's on Shoop Avenue, bring a English to Spanish Dictionary, and bring your appetite because Los Mariachi's will conquer your stomach for sure.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Tiffany's Cafe, John Webbers, Smith's Restaurant, The Grasshopper, and Los Mariachi's.

What about Shehorns, Tinys, White Lattice, Das Essen Haus, Kam Wah 28, J&B Feed, and Doc Holidays?

Travis Smith said...

I chose not include pizza places, or Chinese buffets. Only old people go to white lattice, and Doc Holidays was burnt to the ground. I chose not dignify J&B Feed with a response. :)

NHamblin said...

Los Mariaci's is the very reason I get nervous any politician start talking about cracking down on immigration.